Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thank you for being a Friend!!

I got a card a while back from Christy. When I opened it I almost fell out in the floor laughing. It was a photo of me, Nicole and her except that it appeared that we had hit the fast forward button to 25 years later. So funny! On the front it said "Thank you for being a friend - traveled down the road and back again"
I was reminded again this weekend how lucky I am to still have the best group of girlfriends I could ever ask for. I pray Addi and Harper both have those same type of friendships but even more have that friendship with each other. I am getting ancy...Ready to meet Harper, ready to see her face, ready to be a family of 4 and well not sugar coating it here...ready to NOT be pregnant. This one has been far from fun but I must admit that I will miss some of those movements and kicks and just the amazement of pregnancy in itself.
Amanda, Christy, Nicole and Val did an amazing job on hosting Ms. Harper's shower. The decorations were adorable, the food definitely hit the spot but the CUPCAKES were a hit. Those of you that really know Christy know she missed her calling - she should have some sort of dessert shop. And let's not leave out Matt, he himself did the chocolate butterflies that topped the cupcakes. Now if a man helping with a shower doesn't make you feel special I don't know what will.
I'm a big ball of emotions. Just so grateful for all of God's blessings. I sometimes sit back and wonder what in the world did I do to ever deserve the husband I have or the healthy, beautiful little girl I have...and that isn't even getting into the long list of my mother, my inlaws, my home, my job, the best friends a girl could ask for. I mean really!
We had some good laughs, shared old stories and just enjoyed the time together. I've been told that we do have some of the most well behaved children because there were no fights, screaming or tears (at least not while all the guests were there - ha!). There were at least 9 girls under the age of 5 and 2 boys under the age of 3. WOW!!
I truly can not say thank you enough to the most amazing friends a girl could ever ask for; I am truly blessed! 


Home made cupcakes and home made chocolate butterflies!

Can't wait to see what a good big sister Addi is going to be!

Nicole & Sophie / Christy & Arden, minus Brock / Andi & Addi / Val & Savannah, minus Will
Amanda didn't have either of her kiddo's so she sat this one out - Madison & Landon
I broke the girl first boy next tradition that had been set by Amanda, Christy & Val so I just wanted the pressure of Nicole her next time around!!

My girls!!!

Onsies

Sweet decor - I love seeing baby Harper's name!

Just a little of the goodies

Loving on Grammy

Isn't this adorable!! I feel like I'd really love to have one myself!

Addi was such a great helper - I barely had to lift a finger.

People were so sweet to think of Addi too!!!

No comments: