Thursday, July 30, 2009

M-R-IIIIIIIII.......Don't!

Whom ever came up with the fact that you have to be in a hole that a mole could dig should be shot, um ok that was a bit dramatic. But seriously why does a MRI machine has to be so tiny and confining? So first things first.....the IBS I had prior to pregnancy is back and in full force. If anyone should need to know where the cleanest restrooms in Chattanooga, Hixson, Red Bank & Soddy Daisy are well I'm certain I can give you ample choices. TMI I'm sure but my blog, my perogative. (oh and why doesn't blogger have spell check? I'm in insurance not an English major! So no judgements please on spelling and grammar!). Back to the point....when I became pregnant what, almost 3 years ago it was a god send not only b/c well the life growing inside of me was the most special gift ever but even awesomer (back off english teachers - my blog!) that this little life was consuming all of my nutrients & they were staying IN MY BODY, for a lot longer than I'd ever been used to. Let's just say from Cracker Barrel to home we make stops. So I was thrilled to think the IBS could be gone, well I was wrong. Almost immediately after I'd birthed that child (a c-sec is still birthing in MY opinion) I was back to the old me which was rather disappointing. I dealt tho. So here we are a few years later and its just to the point of being unbearable again & I'd had some other red flag issues that needed to be addressed. My colonoscopy was scheduled - I will never again drink Yellow Gatorade nor will it ever be scheduled any later than 9:00 am. 11:30 was torture and I was starving, and I like to eat & don't deal well when someone tells me I can't. So I slept most of Sunday to ensure my grouchiness was kept to a minimum. It was also that day that my ever so picky daughter chose to chow down on an Egg Roll right in front of me. Seriously - cabbage of all things.....I LOVE egg rolls. I got over it and went back to bed. ha! 4 pounds lighter and a binge fest at Cracker Barrel all to say a polyp was found, removed and biopsy'd. Doc feels nothing to worry about. Good to go right?
No....I'd noticed about a month or two ago when I was shaving that my left leg, from about my calf down to toes were numb. Kind of felt like it was asleep if I pushed on it but didn't realize until after I had cut myself and not known blood was running down my leg. I then realized I had no control over my toes. I was trying to move them and had no luck. That is an extremely odd feeling & a bit scary at the same time. Sooooo after much hounding from anyone that knew about it I made a dr appt for that. 1 hr MRI later I confirmed that yes, I'm claustrophobic and yes, I'm claustrophobic. Ugh - really it wasn't horrible but I just laid there thinking "don't freak out, don't freak out". I never knew how much I don't like confined spaces until I married Josh. You see he thinks its extremely comical to put me under the covers and sit on top of me and hold me down - in my eyes this is reason for separation, not humor. Really...I will always say (well on those 2 nights we do actually sleep together) stop mushing me - he gets closer and mushes away. Anyway just ramblings of a nervous one today I suppose. Won't know anything for a couple of days, and just hoping & praying that its all a fluke. Even though God knows I ask for your prayers please.
I think I mentioned work has been crazy busy, well it still is. I am on the vaca countdown and almost in single digits. 11 days and counting!! So excited about some family time, beach bumming and the serenity of the sound of the ocean, not to mention the house we are staying in is P-I-M-P.

1 comment:

Amanda O'Rear said...

I will be praying for sure. It is odd..I know a lot of people going through this numbness issue...Kris and I have decided that the "twin towers" are cursing all of us Soddy people. LOL! My Dad finds no humor in that as he has worked in nuclear plants his entire life..and well..it provided a very comfy life for us kids. LOL! Anyway..I will be praying and thinking of you. I am with you on the MRI..they are miserable..I have to muster up the courage to get in the dang thing every 6 months! It is not fun...and I feel ya on the IBS...it's an issue for me as well. Never fun...Good luck girl!!