Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baby Brock

Saturday Nic & I threw Christy a baby shower for Baby Brock. You know what I love about this day and time...its the fact that you just do what you want. Christy & I have been friends for a very long time so this means so much to me to be able to do for her. She wasn't really sure if it was "right" to have another shower since this is baby #2 but probably with a little pursuasion we went with it. I say a little pursuasion b/c the fact that thru her wedding & Arden I've yet to be able to throw her a shower, show her what she means to me and how excited I am for yet another life event to happen that we are getting to experience together. She has thrown both a wedding shower & a baby shower for me, not to mention the other million countless things she's done for me throughout our friendship. It was a small intimate shower but filled with so much love. As I was driving around Saturday in a hurry to get things done I stopped for a minute just to think. To think about the family Baby Brock is about to enter, what they mean to me and just how awesome God is to give this family another blessing of a baby boy. I could honestly go on and on about what Christy to means to me as a friend and as a mom - we've gotten through many difficult things in life together, shared so much laughter & silliness, and can tell each other anything regardless of the different views we may have. I love that we have continued our friendship and our girls do too. Please pray for the rest of her pregnancy to be as good as its been so far. Christy delivered Arden quite a bit early so they've been extra careful with this pregnancy (Hoggy has had to give her shots once a week to keep Brock in there longer, and I saw that needle first hand & it doesn't look like fun at all!). So, just pray that God continues to watch over her & the baby to keep him in as long as possible. I love seeing her prego, she really is one of the most beautiful pregnant girls I've ever seen....some women just wear it better than others.
Arden helped out so much with cutting flowers & making pretty arrangements.

Yummy Strawberry cake!!


Baby Brock's diaper cake



No comments: