Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 yr check-up (2 months late)

We visited Dr. Coffman yesterday for our 2 yr wellness visit. Not sure if I mentioned that Dr. Carroll had had a relapse in her cancer. Apparently her initial diagnosis of the particular ovarian cancer she had was incorrect and she has an even more rare particular ovarian cancer. The chemo just wipes her immune system out however her prognosis is looking good. Although we absolutely adore Dr. Carroll I felt its not fair to Addi for her to see a different doctor each time we go and then go back to Dr. Carroll when she is there, so we chose to see Dr. Coffman today. He was very thorough with us and we had a great chat. Addi was very comfortable with him so it looks like we will be sticking with him.
Addi weighed in at 30lbs (80th percentile) and is 36" tall (90th percentile) and her head is measuring right on track at 19 1/2". We addressed the puking issues we have with her...she pukes ALL of the time for no reason. He just didn't feel like its much of an issue b/c after all she is growing more than average so until it seems she isn't putting weight on or there are other symptoms he just said it could be who she is. Fun for mom & dad, right?! I mean really, no reason at all at Sunday lunch @ Olive Garden she puked in 3 napkins & then was just fine. She was exhausted b/c it was way past nap time so who knows. Seriously its like at least 1 or 2x a day. Two of our friends, Arden (3yr)& Maddox (1 1/2yr) have NEVER thrown up - its like a special occassion if Addi doesn't so I wouldn't know what to do...I've just gotten used to it and toughened up my own gag reflex & stomach. I just know that people see puke and immediately think "sick"....Addi pukes and I think "Praise the Lord we've gotten our puke out at 9am...we are good to go for the day, I don't even need to pack a change of clothes." LOL!
So all is well in the Lewis household and our girl is growing just like she should. She is so smart....loves her ABC's...counts to 14....talks ALL the time, hippopatamus is even in her vocabulary and plain as day!
We "sprayed" for Monsters last night - that didn't work. She & daddy had a lot of fun doing it though and our house spelled incredibly potent! (Next time daddy will not be allowed to use the Bath & Body concentrate spray 2x in every room, even Addi coughed...ha!) Tonight we are going to try something else, just not sure if its going to be the red light/green light trick or just plain confinement, which Dr. Coffman did suggest.
Looking forward to the Labor Day Holiday full of Birthday Parties (for someone I know turning 30..I won't call anyone out or anything JEREMY PAINTER!!!), Family cookouts and a birthday party for our friend Mady. Should be a fun filled weekend on the go-but perfect for Addi as usual.
August 2008

August 2009

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So glad your check up went well. Don't you love Dr. C, I honestly want to bring him home with me. He always puts me at ease... which is not always easy to do. Hope the puking problem gets better soon, that would be tough! Saw your post about the Slender Wrap... how do you think I got in that dress for Andy's wedding??? I tried it (it was better than wearing 2 gurtles) ha! and I could tell a difference for a few days. Would recommend it for a "big" event, but girlie you certainly don't need one, you look great!