Thursday, October 22, 2009

We found Nemo!

Ever since we had heard Finding Nemo on Ice was coming to town we'd decided we would go. Well I then received a trip through work and planned a girls trip for that same weekend. I had assumed it was just a weekend show & then heard on the radio that it in fact was not. So I hurried to get online to locate tickets.....then I stopped looking b/c the prices I was finding where just ridiculous. My brain actually kept working & I thought about Craigslist. There were 2 entries for tickets, 1 being for 3 tix the other for 4. The person with the 3 had just sold theirs but the other had a phone # so I decided to give it a try. The next few events just continued to fall into place - like someone knew that I needed this family night before I left my girl & hubby for 4 full days. The lady with the tickets worked in Dalton however her mom would have the tickets, she works downtown - luckily I just so happen to have a meeting scheduled downtown at noon. After she talked with her mom she called me back to tell me that her mom would call to work out the details on picking them up. I asked should I get cash out or would she take a check....a check was fine she stated - just make it out to Brandy Christian.
What??? I say to that "Are you married to Tyrone?"
She says, "Actually, yes I am"
I say, "Um hello we are practically related" (By marriage that is)
I explained that I was Tyrone's stepdad's brother's daughter - in - law (Seriously, did you just follow that?, Luckily she did!)
She then says, "Well I actually won these through the radio & the seats are better than ours but we can't go tonight & have tickets for another night so don't worry about the check - just go and have a good time!"
So I dropped by the radio station and picked up the tickets - called my mom to ask her to run to my house, not wake my sleeping husband and throw my blue jeans in the dryer so I'd have something to wear other than work clothes to the show. I sent Josh a text, for him to find when he woke up, that he needed to get Addi, that mom would meet him at the house to ride together to meet me and we'd have a fun family night at Nemo for FREE!
We had dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger and had a great time at Nemo on Ice. We had bought the movie back when we just assumed we'd go so Addi has been watching it as much as we'd let her. Its absolutely the sweetest thing to watch her reaction at the end of the movie when Nemo and his dad reunite. Every single time she see's it she squeals & laughs hysterically saying "Nemo pound his dad, Nemo pound his dad" (Uh, yes we still have trouble with "F's").
Well live and in person was no different and it was just the most adorable thing to watch. She laughed, sang, yelled, giggled, squirmed, danced and just did until her little body couldn't do anymore. All in all it was the best night even thrown together at the last minute. Like I said, I honestly don't think I had much to do in the planning....I give the credit to the big guy watching over my family.

Dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger YaYa and Addi excited to go in for Nemo
Addi telling YaYa all about what is going to happen Love my family Waiving bye to Nemo
Still hugging on Nemo on the way to Nana's this morning.














No comments: