Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

Yea, nice original title to what else, Christmas!! I love Christmas, always have but now that I'm a mom the "festivities" of Christmas have gotten so fun. We did Elf on a Shelf, we made gingerbread houses, we went to look at lights 3-4 nights a week, we ran here and there and exhausted ourselves to the max. The end result was one spoiled rotten but ecstatic little girl at each and every place we were. I'm so thankful that I got to spend the time with family and friends that I did during Christmas but my heart was heavy, and well to be honesty still is. But that is another post worthy of its own. To recap Christmas.....
12/23 Office Party Luncheon at Public House - 12:30 PM
12/23 Drive to Knoxville
12/24 Christmas Eve in Knoxville with my family 6:00 - 9:00 (drive home and arrive by 11:30)
12/24 Santa needed a little help from us putting together some things that he'd left Addi. But here is the thing - Santa doesn't deliver until Christmas Eve night so that left daddy putting together a My 1st Kenmore Refrigerator and Stove until 3:00 AM!
12/25 6:30 AM (Yeah...we got an extra 30 minutes sleep from the typical 6AM'er) Addi was in awe of her refrigerator and stove and all the utencils, food prep, vegetables, fruits, pots and pans that she just didn't really know what to say. She just stood there looking and said - "Is this for ME?" and then it was on! She made more cakes in 30 minutes than Rachel Ray can make a meal.
12/25 Lewis Family Lunch - 1:00. Robin & Eric were kind enough to host this year and its always a good time with the Lewis'. You never know what we'll be talking about or who we'll be laughing at....this year it was Campbell and his leather jacket Zoolander immitations.
12/26 Christmas with Grammy & Papaw & the Coffelts. And of course Addi is spoiled rotten even more. She got the cutest, (gulp.....,) cheerleader doll from Anne, Allen and the boys. Its hilarious with doing its cheers and all, Addi even got an (EVEN BIGGER GULP) adorable cheerlearder outfit to wear and cheer with her doll. They are really trying to turn my girl into a "girly girl" aren't they? :)
We were busy non-stop for days but it was nice to be with family and friends and celebrate the true meaning of CHRISTmas. I hate that my heart was sad b/c I feel like I barely muddled through and just got by although I was very thankful for everyone, for the gifts they got for Addi and for us. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

I am so glad you and yours had such wonderful Christmas. So sorry you were going through what you were going through as well. It makes us appreciate it all so much more doesn't it? I am still thinking and praying for each of you who has been touched by such a horrible event. Bless your heart!

Loved the pics...and that kitchen is awesome. She will have years of fun with that. Adorable little girl you have!!

Heidi said...

Sounds like in spite of everything, you guys made it through and enjoyed the holidays as a family. I know these few weeks have been so hard and I hope the new year brings some peace and healing. Thanks for the invite for New Years... it looked like a great time was had by all! So sorry we missed it!