Sunday, February 7, 2010

Paul said it would be like this.

Our road at 4:15 on Friday 1/29



Being silly girls
Cutest snow angel ever!

We all know that we all give the weather men grief throughout the year. They, unlike most of us, can completely foul up a prediction yet still keep their job. :) Its actually comical. And even though Paul did say we would be getting snow I'm pretty sure they missed how quickly it would arrive and they certainly missed predicting how much we would get. Predictions said 3-6 inches in the higher elevations. This is how those predictions affected the Lewis'.
I had attended a meeting up on BCBS' Cameron Hill Campus. Around 11:30 when the meeting was over I called to check in with the office since Sandra & Kim were supposed to come downtown & we were going to take Dianne to lunch. Kim was being told school's were letting out so that put a nix in our lunch plans since she needed to get her kids. It really worked out b/c I headed on into the office thinking that since I'd already been gone all morning I'd just work through lunch. We leave at 4 on Friday's anyway & I can assure you I have plenty of snacks in my desk. Sometimes a handful of teddy grahams or half a box of wheat thins later I get through a crisis...ha! Anyway back on track here....Sandra ran to get her some lunch and was literally going across the street, she called and said, "look outside" it was really coming down. Jeff came by and said just use your discretion. You know where you need to go and how long it will take. I knew I needed to go to the grocery....uhhhh yea. I mean we didn't have juice, milk, anything for Addi to eat so I knew I HAD to go. By the time I got to the Bi-lo in Hixson the grounds were covered, about 45 minutes later Josh calls to say the rr had called overtime & he was going in. I said "Really?? Have you looked outside?" He was like uhhh no I'm still in bed and then he says "oh...guess I better tell them I'm not coming." He went to get Addi and we all worked to get home. It was pretty slick and by the time I got to Highwater traffic was backed up to 27, two cars were in the ditches and we were sliding when we stopped. It took 13 minutes to get from 27 to Dayton Pk....probably not even the distance of a football field, maybe. We made it home and got a good play in the snow. By 7:00 that evening we had over 7 inches on our back deck. It was crazy how fast it was coming down and for how long. Addi was loving it and we got an extra night with Daddy!!! :)
Around 2 the next morning we lost power. It did not come back on until 9:45 that night. We didn't stick around to wait on it though. Fortunately for us we are loved! We packed up a ton of snacks (I mean I was at the grocery so might as well prepare for it!!) and got super comfy and we headed to Jeremy & Starla's. The kids played hard and we laughed hard. Its wonderful having such good friends to take care of us.
And while I thought it was beautiful andI'm glad Addi has seen it - done it I'm good with the snow now, I'm ready for spring. Yea alot of good you were Punxsutawney Phil!!

1 comment:

Blake, Alisha, and Jackson said...

Loved looking at your snow pics!