Monday, March 9, 2009

Concerned

Since Wednesday Addi has thrown up over & over.....and should I mention ALL over me, her car seats, her rocker, the new carpet downstairs....everywhere. I'm a bit concerned so we'll be going to the doctor today. I'm not usually one that worries so much but this is just so odd. She's ran no fever, only had 2 diapers with diarrhea and acts just fine. Yesterday for instance, we went to the UTC softball game, went to dinner at Outback and then got home and had been playing. She got in trouble for something so after her "talking to" she and I went to sit in the rocking chair in her room. She laid her head down on me, got quiet and then proceeded to reinact an exorcist movie and projectile vomit all over me, the glider and herself.
This started on Wednesday & the sitter assumed it was a virus. She threw up 3 times at her house, still no fever, no diarrhea. Thurs & Fri she was home with Josh & threw up a couple of times. Saturday I threw a baby shower, had all intentions of taking Addi with me but she went down for a nap earlier than usual so no time to get her ready as she was waking up when we were leaving. Josh called me towards the end of the shower to tell me she'd thrown up 3 more times. I'm not talking a little spit up - I'm talking full throttle puking. Sunday I already mentioned above...more puking. I'm just concerned this is no stomach bug. If it is its the kind I'd like to have b/c she's sleeping fine, acting fine but her eating isn't the same and well consistantly vomitting is no way to live. We go to doc at 4:30 today so we shall see. Let's pray its nothing but a fluke. At this point I'd take knowing it was a crazy virus and be happy with that.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

That is what happened to Kamryn in the spring and summer...she threw up every day almost...long story short she was poked and proded and tested for everything. It turned out to be CVS Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome...it is in the migraine family...but they don't have headaches with it. Anyway...read about it...Kamryn has done really well since being diagnosed. Has to take meds every day but she is down to half of what she started on..and they are going to try her off of them this summer. Most kids grow out of it. Hopefully not what you are dealing with..but its an idea to throw your way. Much Love!!

Christy C Beach said...

what if it is sinus drainage in her stomach. I just thought of that because I know she has always been sensitive about throwing up. Could be as simple as that.