Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


To say I'm an incredibly blessed mom is an understatement. I am spoiled rotten not with just material things but most importantly spoiled rotten with LOVE! I'm appreciated by my husband, who never goes a day without complimenting me in some way, always telling me how much he loves me and the things I do for him & our family. I have a healthy little girl who gives the best hugs & kisses in the world. I just can't get enough of my family!! I'm lucky to have a mom that I love so much & who helps in more ways than I can even list. A mom that not only loves me but loves my husband & my daughter just as much. I love to watch my mom light up when that little voice hollers for Ya-Ya, or Ya-Yo if she's imitating daddy aggrivating yaya. :) I'm even luckier to have a wonderful mother in law. She's such a great woman, its no wonder Josh adores her so. I'm thankful for such a respectful & caring extra mom in my life.

The pictures below are from Josh, Addi, Jeremy & Maddox working on Starla & my Mother's Day gifts. Honestly, these are the best gifts ever.....they "patiently" had the help of a 2 & 1 yr old on these gifts. They were hand & feet print stones that said how much they loved us. I love the fact that they just didn't go out and buy us something, they put thought into it and took the time to make something from the heart. I hear they had intended on going to Fire it Up however its no longer in business. (If anyone knows of a place similar please let me know.)

We got up, went to church & then Josh & I had nursery with 9 walkers (ages in a range from 18 mos - 2 1/1) during the 2nd service. Let's just say we were beat and ready for lunch. They were all great kids - but 9, phew....and Addi wasn't so sure about mommy/daddy holding other kids since that is her class. So at one point I had 3 in my lap. Let's just say if I ever had baby fever I need to work nursery. ha!

Papaw worked hard on a yummy lunch for us....a delicious salad, chicken lasagna, bread, strawberry shortcake & Anne had made a strawberry cake that Addi LOVED! In fact, that was practically her whole lunch. Nice, huh?







2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful day..and that you are so very loved! It is a wonderful gift to have that isn't it? Hope to see you soon!

Heidi said...

Precious pictures! I can't believe how long Addi's hair is... she's gorgeous!! So glad you had the wonderful Mother's Day you deserved!