Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grow Old Along With Me

"Grow Old Along With Me" are the words written on a pillow we have in our living room...its also the song my sister in law sang at our wedding 5 yrs ago (Saturday, the 17th). To say I've married my soul mate may sound cheasy but its so true. Josh & I are so alike yet so incredibly different. To think when I met him at the age of 17 that we'd be together this day still getting along, actually probably better is the most incredible feeling ever. He keeps me grounded, we finish each other's sentences, we start sentences at the same time, we buy the same cards for anniversaries......we love each other. Not just love but I really still feel in love with him. I know I come home to a man that loves me - a man that treats me with such respect - a man that loves his family. To say we don't have tough times wouldn't be a real marriage. We disagree, he aggrivates me and I know that my need it done now attitude wears on his nerves but he doesn't show it. Josh is the most laid back, easy going guy that is so understanding, so loving and very affectionate, which isn't always the case for men. I love thinking back to the day we married - I remember walking down the aisle with tears in my eyes thinking that the fairy tale came true which was something I never felt I deserved. The family I inherited is incredible and Josh is so loved by my family. Our wedding was more than a girl could dream of - knowing I was saying I do, going into this committment with someone who was just as committed as I was is a blessing from God. We spent the evening with a few hundred of our closest friends and family with a party that was so memorable. I could have never asked for anything better.

We left Friday night after Sesame Street to go to Gatlinburg with Britt & Andrew. It was a great way to spend our anniversary. We went on a 3.5 hr hike to Rainbow Falls seeing snow, ice and deer. It was rather cold but we were definitely in the zone hiking.....we had dinner in that night because we were exhausted. We are so lucky to have such great friends that not only watched us marry but new friends that we share in special memories such as anniversaries with. Thanks to the Smith's for inviting us to get away when we really wanted and needed it. To say I'm blessed doesn't begin to describe how lucky of a woman, a wife, a mom I feel I am. I can't wait to see what the next 5 yrs brings us.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

Happy Anniversary...so wonderful to hear about your marriage and the fun you two have together. I am so happy for you guys!

Heidi said...

I remember that day well... can't believe it's been 5 years! You guys are great together and made such a PRECIOUS baby! Here's to many more! We love you all!