Friday, January 9, 2009

Sister

Please pray for "Sister".

DiAnne (my boss's sister & a lady I used to work with) went in yesterday for a colonoscopy as it was recommended at her age. Actually it was recommended a few years ago but honestly I think her stubborn-ness may have saved her life. You see if you have a colonoscopy & everything checks out fine another isn't recommended for 5-10 years, so this could have gone undiagnosed. At this moment she is having bloodwork, a CT Scan and several other tests ran to confirm what the doctor's believe they saw on the films from the colonoscopy. Cancer. She's scared to death, Sandra is scared to death, I am scared to death. Other than their husbands they are the only family each other have. Neither of them have ever had children. When I had Addi and asked Dianne if she wanted to hold her she said, "Yes, but I need to sit down for this!" I love this woman like family so please just pray that this has been caught early, that surgery can be done to remove the cancer and for a speedy recovery for her. Sandra & I left to meet Dianne at the imaging center at noon, she drank her yummy drink and we sat there with her until she had to go back for the CT scan. I needed to come back to the office and hold the fort down so I'm just waiting to hear what is going on.

DiAnne holding Addi for the first time.
This is from my baby shower that the sisters threw for me.
********************************* UPDATE**************************** 1/12/09
The mass is at the end of the rectum, about 6-8 inches in diameter…YES you read that correctly, from the base of my hand to the end of my bird finger (obviously I have long fingers) is 7 inches so you can only imagine. Two cancer hospitals recommended with Vandy being on of those SO that is a huge blessing too that she’s not going to have to go far away. They want to try to shrink the tumor as much as possible first through radiation in order to make the removing the mass via surgery easier. The main point is she will be alive & she will beat this. The CT scan did not show any spreading to any other areas another BLESSING. All in all this is WONDERFUL news however we all know Dianne is not a vain person but a prissy person and loves her hair, make up etc so this is difficult on her just thinking she could lose her hair. But again people LIVE bald, LIVE with wigs – the main fact is that she will BEAT this and will LIVE!!! She is being referred to a Dr. Stanley who is an oncologist here in Chattanooga whom I believe was on the call between DiAnne and her physician. This appt should be scheduled soon.
Keep Sister in your prayers and Sis as well. You all know she is more than just a boss to me, more like a 3rd mom and it breaks my heart to see her so worried, trying to be the strong one that she claims to be. We all fear those words but in all honesty DiAnne’s life has probably been saved with this routine exam.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

I will say a prayer Andi. I really hope people start getting some good news soon. Including myself. I'll pray hard for this lady and for her family and friends. It is amazing how quickly life changes from horrible circumstances.
Hope you all are well.
Much Love & God Bless!

Ellay said...

Andrea,

Just wanted to let you know that I will pray for "Sister". All cancer is scary, but this one hits me even closer (I am high risk for this type due to Crohns disease). Please let her know that there's a lot of folks pulling for her!

I also wanted to commend you for being such a good friend to everyone. I check your blog from time to time and your concern for others really comes through and is truly touching.

Hope you're doing well,
Lori-from Sports Barn :)