Monday, April 13, 2009

Thank you, Easter Bunny!

We thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend but it was most certainly jammed packed full of activities. We had egg hunts at church, egg hunts at home, and of course egg hunts at the Lewis gathering. We were brave parents this year and attempted coloring (a-ughs) eggs with Addi this year. I had bought this little chef's hat/apron combo pack thing & had all intentions of putting it in her basket for years to come helping mom in the kitchen but she spotted it & wanted to wear it. I couldn't have asked for a better photo opp, ha! She wanted to dive right into coloring eggs....its these moments that make being a parent so much fun. Right before bed we talked about how the Easter Bunny visited children that we good & would even leave something for them that was special. This brings up shopping for the basket....Josh wanted candy, candy, a choc bunny and more candy. I chose a choc bunny, hair accessories, books & stickers. He said I was not cool for that so I explained that an almost 2 yr old doesn't need that much candy. I'm a bad mom - ha! Back to Addi, first thing that she said when I picked her up out of her bed was Easter Bunny. I guess I was just a bit shocked that she really remembered what we talked about & that she knew her goodies should be there. And they were. We had a wonderful Easter, I hope you all did too. Our family time seems to be less and less as a large group...we are all in different places with families scattered too so its not always easy. We missed those that were not there but Addison had a wonderful time with all of her 2nd cousins. She's a hoot and definitely doesn't sit on the sidelines and watch, she's right in the middle of it all!












No comments: