Monday, December 22, 2008

3 IS more than 1 (did you know that?)

What a weekend. It was busy to say the least but really makes me thankful for the family I've inherited through marriage. I don't think I have to tell anyone who knows them how great the Lewis fam is but really when I sit back and listen to some horror stories of inlaws it just makes me incredibly grateful. I have a sis in law that is as close to a sister as a person could have & she has a great hubby that we have a ton of fun with. Then there is my nephews which is the whole point of the post. Before Addi came along we did tons of stuff with them. More than we get to do now that we have our own but being the fun aunt and uncle is lots of fun. Staying up a tad later than we are supposed, jumping on couches, eating some sugar - you know the things that make you want to visit those aunts and uncles. I can remember taking Seth to the Unum easter egg hunt, to birthday parties of my friends kids and even once Eli got to stay by himself while Seth had an outing with his mom/dad. We love those boys so much. Even though we don't get to keep them as much as we'd like we always welcome it so when they chose us to stay with while their mom & dad got a much needed weekend away to Nashville we were very welcoming to the idea. They are very good kids so its not like its difficult on us however 3 IS very much more than 1. We had originally planned to attempt Rock City for the Enchanted Garden of Lights (needless to say I invited my mom as well as Grammy/Papaw) however with the rain it wasn't something we could plan on, and well I like to know the plan, its just the anal-ness coming out in me. We picked them up around 11 on Saturday afternoon and headed to have Addison's 18 month photo's made at Master Portraits. I LOVE Master Portraits......affordable, the staff is wonderful and the delivery of the photo's is unlike any other - speedy doesn't describe it. The boys were great in making Addi laugh so that was an added bonus. After the photo's we went to the Railroad for the Christmas Open House sort of thing. We had lunch there and got to go on the caboose to visit Santa....might I add that Addi didn't want anything to do with Santa. She was ok while the boys were there but after that - uh uh...We managed to make a WalMart trip & a quick stop by movie gallery. We veto'd The Hulk & decided on The Bee Movie (Eli) & Star Wars something...something...something...(that Seth wanted, its got more to the name than JUST Star Wars don't you know!!). We had pizza for dinner & I was reminded that they always have dessert however Andi doesn't keep many sweets in the house so I'm sure this was the disappointment of the weekend for them.
We managed to make it to church ON TIME using the new barcode-kiosk system with 3 children. We headed home for lunch, lasagna (which they did not say a thing about having it for lunch the last time they stayed the night, Josh & I were SURE they'd remind us of that! Nor did Eli tell me I needed to vacuum my bedroom this time either). I need to finalize some Christmas shopping so I did that while Addi napped & the "guys" watched Star Wars something...something...something. (PS...don't forget Yaya was there too for reinforcement, I definitely don't want her help in ALL of these adventures to go un-noticed!!). The funnest part of the weekend was making the gingerbread house. They had so much fun with that and laughing at me for getting icing everywhere. I have learned that things don't have to just be "pretty" and "neat" when doing stuff like this with kids. Its beautiful because its their own creativity that comes out. See I am learning I just still have a year or two with my pretty tree, maybe by then we'll have a different house and can have 2 trees, one pretty "store" tree and my Addi tree. :) Here is a re-cap of our weekend in pics. I love those little guys and how much they make my little girl laugh. She tries so hard to be JUST like them. At one point the boys were laying in the floor on their bellies watching tv when she laid down right beside them, I didn't have my camera but it was a memory to melt my heart.











PS.......in case you were wondering, we're not any closer to even thinking about baby #2 yet

1 comment:

Amanda O'Rear said...

Well...look...you know you can do it with 3...so that's good right? LOL! Very cute pictures...looks like a fun time! They are all 3 adorable children. Your family is so blessed...not only do you have beautiful children but you are all really wonderful people. You married into such a loving clan! It is great to not have all of those "horror" stories some people have. I love my inlaws too..they are so good, and fun to be around too! Merry Christmas Andi!!