Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

So after an incredibly difficult start to my Christmas holiday I'm happy to say I'm on the uphill swing of things. I don't know that I'm past it, that its over but I can say I know what a blessed life I do have. We all go through our tough times and if its things like this that I have to go through to talk with my husband, to see how much he loves me and his family and what a genuine loving man he is then I suppose I can hack it. Our holiday was more than wonderful. We were showered with more than enough gifts, ate more than our fair share of food and are more than pooped. Santa actually came to Lee Pike this morning. We had Christmas with the Lewis' on our typically Tuesday night family dinner.....Wednesday we traveled to be with my family in Knoxville. Josh had to work Christmas night so he came back Thurs. Yaya, Addi and I stayed until Saturday. Addi LOVED Christmas in Knoxville, she was most fond of the while & chocolate fountains we always have with strawberries, pineapples, oranges, pretzels, marshmellows, mini vanilla wafers and probably more I'm forgetting. It was perfect height for her because she could reach up and grab vanilla wafers and dip them in the fountain and RUN!!!
She was quite the ham. I just miss my family so much after we leave from there but its always so nice to be home. We went ahead and stayed a few extra nights and did Santa gifts this morning since this will be the last Christmas we are away from home, after all we have to wake up in our home when Santa comes (on the real day this time)....funny how things just change after kids. I believe Daddy was really missing his girls too. Addi must have been incredibly good this year because she got more things than I could even remember so they aren't all in the picture above. Those are a just some of the things she got. The slide climber was from Santa. Here are just some more pics of fun stuff we did over Christmas. I'm ready for the New Year though so I'm sure resolutions are to come!!
Thanks for the encouraging words and prayers. I love you all and hope you had the Merriest Christmas.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

holy toledo that's quite the haul addi made!

Andi said...

just so you know these aren't all santa gifts....its a combination of "most" of the things she got from everyone. :) she must have been extra good, huh?