Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Its the most WONDERFUL time of the Year!

I have always loved Christmas but Christmas with a child, well its the best. I love singing Christmas Carols to Addi in the car. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Christmas Carols and the absolute best part about XM radio is that I have not just 1, not 2 but 3 stations soley dedicated to Christmas music and it just brings out the inner child in myself. I love shopping for others, I love the look on their face when they open their gift. I love the time with family, I love the time at Church listening to the real reason for the season. I love the Christmas lights, the tree and all of the decorations that come with it. Addi loves the lights - she has been great about not playing in the tree and she even got her own tree for her bedroom from her honorary Granny Lil bit (my boss, Sandra). Its adorable. Its purple (who would've of thought, huh?) and it has the cutest decorations on it, none of which came on it but was decorated with much thought by Sandra.
Something I've never done though at Christmas is the whole Tacky Sweater party.....now don't get me wrong there are some really pretty Christmas sweaters out there and then on the other hand they can definitely get Tacky. I borrowed my sweater from my boss, who is 5' pushing it and tee tiny. So everything she has in her closet is petite and well my pinky isn't petite. She found a sweater that she was so embarrassed to even have so it was perfect. I'll be opting for a more pretty sweater for the next party since the one I wore this past weekend nearly cut the circulation off in my arms - the three quarter length arms, which weren't supposed to be three quarter length, weren't elastic so I still had impressions on my arms the next morning on the way to church. Here are just some of the best outfits from the night. Brad will probably kill me for this too but better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

2 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

I loved all the Christmas pics...the sweaters were great. Addi's tree is adorable. Gaby has a pink one in her room...and Maggie & Kamryn have a big one with hot pink and purple decorations and lights. They have a ball with it. I even have a little one in their bathroom...I go nuts. Ha-Ha! Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year...and good for you for knowing why!!! I know I will enjoy your blog!

Heidi said...

Love the Tacky Christmas sweater party idea. We've all got um, why not wear um, right. I always felt that way about the "teacher" sweaters. I could never bring myself to indulge in the ABC/123 cutesy sweaters that the good "school teacher" is supposed to wear... ugh!! No thanks!