Monday, December 1, 2008

A very Thankful Weekend


For those that know me pretty well know that I'm not one to save vacation time what so ever. We are pretty busy people so it typically is wiped out however this year I still had over a week to take before the end of the year. I decided to take Tuesday & Wednesday off last week giving me a nice bit of time to prepare for the holiday. I've also decided to pick this time of year to become motivated to start using that gym membership again. I can't remember the last time I was that sore though, wow! So for the rest of the year I'll be off on Friday's to burn the rest of my days, which is great b/c we have several Christmas parties to get ready for.



Our holiday was full of lots of much needed family time, some shopping and the saddest UT ballgame I've ever been too, even with a win.

Seriously though, all my life Phillip Fulmer has been a part of UT football. I can remember playing in Kingsport volleyball tournaments and on the way home mom dropping me off at the ballgames to meet my uncle & Brent. The man dedicated his life to UT football and although I was just as bad as the others with saying it was time for a change its just sad that the time came. I have much respect for him and UT will never be the same without him.




It was nice to be back home though. Even though I miss my family so much because the time with them is so few and far between. We got home around 2 on Sunday, unpacked, had some lunch and finished with the decorating our tree and getting Christmas decorations out. I haven't really even started on Christmas shopping - better get to it, huh?


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. Its so easy to get caught up in what is going on in our life. I love that this Holiday makes you stop and think not only about your family & friends but even the people you wouldn't normally think about (like the verizon guy that has helped up switch cell phone providers, given us numerous discounts and ordered my new blackberry storm....remember, I'm addicted to technology!!)

No comments: